714 E 12th Ave Munhall Pa 15120
Phone: (412) 805-0444, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
BlueSky ETO – Manager of Content Strategy
October 2016 – Present
- Developing and executing content strategies.
- Writing and promoting blog and web content for BlueSky ETO, Simply Written, and MSP Pittsburgh.
- Managing social media accounts for BlueSky ETO, Simply Written, and MSP Pittsburgh.
- Increasing search engine rankings and web traffic through SEO and backlinking strategies.
- Building blog posts and webpages in HubSpot and WordPress.
- Creating content for trigger marketing campaigns and direct mail pieces.
The Content Factory – Senior Account Executive
January 2011 – October 2016
- Writing web copy and managing social media accounts for many clients including Fairtrade America and Astroglide
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Coordinating interviews and press placement for brand ambassadors
- Researching and implementing SEO strategies
- Overseeing brand presence at national events including NYC, DC and San Diego Prides
- Editing content and training new employees
WQED Pittsburgh – Social Media Manager
January 2013 – January 2015
- Researched and implemented SEO strategies
- Managed Facebook and Twitter accounts for Kidsburgh
The Sprout Fund – Head Writer and Social Media Consultant
January 2010 – January 2012
- Developed and implemented a social media outreach campaign
- Created and managed social media sites and profiles
- Wrote and promoted blog content
Heritage Community Initiatives – After School Assistant
September 2009 – June 2010
- Worked at Propel school in Homestead in the after school program
- Created and implemented lesson plans that increased literacy and math skills for urban youth
The Institute of International Art and Languages – Proposal Writer
May 2009 – February 2010
- Wrote grant proposals and letters of inquiry for an international artistic project
LMNOPets, Pittsburgh – Manager Content and Research
May 2008 – February 2011
- Compiled research regarding biodiversity for a start-up company
- Wrote web copy and product descriptions
- Managed social media marketing
Entermedia Corporation – Editorial Assistant and Marketing
May 2007 – March 2008
- Technical and creative writing for a national social networking website
- Analyzed resumes and hired marketing employees
Direct Advantage Marketing – Fundraiser
September 2005 – March 2006
- Raised funds for local and international non-profit organizations
- Named in production several times for exceeding fundraising expectations
Carnegie Mellon University
August 2003 – May 2008
Graduated in May 2008 with a B.A. from Carnegie Mellon University in Creative Writing and a B.A. in Hispanic Studies.
- Won CMU Press Prize in 2006, First Place Adamson Award in Fiction and Second Place Adamson Award in Creative Non-Fiction in 2007, First Place Adamson Award in Poetry and Third Place Adamson Award in Creative Non-Fiction in 2008.
- Reader for The Dossier, a student-run creative writing and arts magazine.
- Lived in Mexico for six weeks through CMU Study Abroad and can speak Spanish.
- Delivered the commencement speech for the Creative Writing Program.
- Writing and interviews have appeared in Inc., Night Train, Open Thread, Weave, The Pittsburgh Post Gazette, Squirrel Hill Magazine, GalTime, Carnegie Mellon Today among others.
- Nominated for the Pushcart Prize for poetry in 2009 and 2010.
Proficient with the following:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- My Media Info
- Sprout Social
To learn more about my experience and skills, visit my Linkedin profile.