714 E 12th Ave Munhall Pa 15120
Phone: (412) 805-0444, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
BlueSky ETO – Marketing Manager
Nov 2018 – Present
BlueSky ETO has a powerful story to tell. As Marketing Manager, I help them share it. Search engine marketing, SEO content, social media engagement and ads, and even video production—these are just a few of the moving parts in my marketing machine.
As the team I manage continues to grow, so do our capabilities and results. In the past year alone, my efforts have increased paid search traffic by 46%, organic search traffic by 43%, and overall web traffic by 27%.
I look forward to exploring new tools and strategies and evolving my process to produce even greater results.
BlueSky ETO – Inbound Marketing Manager
Jul 2017 – Nov 2018
As Inbound Marketing Manager, I developed and implemented inbound marketing strategies for BlueSky ETO, Simply Written, and MSP Pittsburgh.
I oversaw SEO content creation and promotion and managed social media channels for increased reach and conversion. I also worked to optimize web content for improved user experience, lead generation, and conversion. This position gave me greater control over the company’s marketing strategy and made me realize how much I enjoyed being in the driver’s seat.
BlueSky ETO – Manager of Content Strategy
Oct 2016 – Jul 2017
While I loved working at The Content Factory, after several years working remotely, I decided I needed a change. BlueSky ETO felt like the perfect place to continue my career in a more structured environment.
In this position, I wrote and promoted content and managed social media for BlueSky ETO, Simply Written, and MSP Pittsburgh. I also created content for trigger marketing campaigns and direct mail pieces and increased search engine rankings and web traffic through SEO and backlinking strategies.
The Content Factory – Senior Account Executive
January 2011 – October 2016
- Writing web copy and managing social media accounts for many clients including Fairtrade America and Astroglide
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Coordinating interviews and press placement for brand ambassadors
- Researching and implementing SEO strategies
- Overseeing brand presence at national events including NYC, DC and San Diego Prides
- Editing content and training new employees
WQED Pittsburgh – Social Media Manager
January 2013 – January 2015
- Researched and implemented SEO strategies
- Managed Facebook and Twitter accounts for Kidsburgh
The Sprout Fund – Head Writer and Social Media Consultant
January 2010 – January 2012
- Developed and implemented a social media outreach campaign
- Created and managed social media sites and profiles
- Wrote and promoted blog content
Heritage Community Initiatives – After School Assistant
September 2009 – June 2010
- Worked at Propel school in Homestead in the after school program
- Created and implemented lesson plans that increased literacy and math skills for urban youth
The Institute of International Art and Languages – Proposal Writer
May 2009 – February 2010
- Wrote grant proposals and letters of inquiry for an international artistic project
LMNOPets, Pittsburgh – Manager Content and Research
May 2008 – February 2011
- Compiled research regarding biodiversity for a start-up company
- Wrote web copy and product descriptions
- Managed social media marketing
Entermedia Corporation – Editorial Assistant and Marketing
May 2007 – March 2008
- Technical and creative writing for a national social networking website
- Analyzed resumes and hired marketing employees
Direct Advantage Marketing – Fundraiser
September 2005 – March 2006
- Raised funds for local and international non-profit organizations
- Named in production several times for exceeding fundraising expectations
Carnegie Mellon University
August 2003 – May 2008
Graduated in May 2008 with a B.A. from Carnegie Mellon University in Creative Writing and a B.A. in Hispanic Studies.
- Won CMU Press Prize in 2006, First Place Adamson Award in Fiction and Second Place Adamson Award in Creative Non-Fiction in 2007, First Place Adamson Award in Poetry and Third Place Adamson Award in Creative Non-Fiction in 2008.
- Reader for The Dossier, a student-run creative writing and arts magazine.
- Lived in Mexico for six weeks through CMU Study Abroad and can speak Spanish.
- Delivered the commencement speech for the Creative Writing Program.
- Writing and interviews have appeared in Inc., Night Train, Open Thread, Weave, The Pittsburgh Post Gazette, Squirrel Hill Magazine, GalTime, Carnegie Mellon Today among others.
- Nominated for the Pushcart Prize for poetry in 2009 and 2010.
To learn more about my experience and skills, visit my Linkedin profile.